How to Choose the Right Art School

21-08-19 kievartschool 0 comment

Art schools are educational institutions in either primary, secondary, undergraduate, or graduate level that focus on graphic design, illustration, painting, photography, and sculptures. Large institutions offer a major degree in visual arts. This degree is part of a broad-based program in liberal arts and science. Most accredited colleges offer Bachelor of Fine Arts or Fine Art BA To obtain an authentic college or university degree from a professional art and design educations, verify either accredited by National Association of Schools of Art and Design or education offered through a member of the Association of Independent Colleges of Art and Design. Those art school accreditation institutions provide accreditation to each institution after overseeing a rigorous liberal arts and general education curriculum.

In the United States, the private and public schools offer degrees in Bachelor of Art (BA) and Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA). Typically, Bachelor of Art degree program focuses on approximately 30% studio coursework and reminder in general education. Bachelor of Fine Arts degree program on the other hand focuses on 70% studio coursework and the rest in general education. Coursework for graduate degrees such as Masters of Arts (MA), Master of Fine Arts (MFA), Master of Architecture (M.Arch), and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) varies by specific chosen discipline.

The best art schools are Art Institute of Chicago and UCLA School of Art and Architecture. Due to highly competitive nature of admissions, primary selection criteria is based on artistic talent and academic performance. Secondary selection criterion is applicants grants of other skills not related to academies. During the admission process, admission is based on strength of student's portfolio, class ranking, admissions essay, and the letters of recommendations. In regard to student's strength of portfolio, admission staff look for technical skills, creativity, ability to draw from observation and the use of different media. Interview process is a secondary selection criteria where they look for motivation, passion, commitment, openness to new ideas and critiques, and ability to articulate student's work.



Source by Chandra Senadeera